Brooker Memorial is a not-for-profit community organization established in 1918 by Charles F. Brooker. The organization was named and dedicated to his mother, Maria Seymour Brooker in memory of her “works of benevolence, aid, charity and education.”
Maria Seymour Brooker was a devoted mother known in the community for her great love of all children.
She was an early crusader of child and family supports, human services and open space for children to play. Early programs at Brooker Memorial included housing for local nurses, a day nursery, orphanage and playground for children. Current programs continue in the tradition of service to children.
Mr. Brooker donated the family homestead where Brooker Memorial now sits, and established an endowment to ensure the success and longevity of this new organization. Click here to view an historical slide show commemorating the 90th anniversary of Brooker Memorial in 2008.