BROOKER MEMORIAL OFFICE PROTOCOL
WELCOME TO BROOKER MEMORIAL – WE ARE HAPPY TO SEE YOU!
Brooker Memorial Ramp-Up to Increased Capacity
Brooker Memorial began to phase in program services on May 20, 2020.
We have implemented the required protocols from the State of CT Governor’s office, CT Office of Early Childcare (OEC) and the Federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
RAMP-UP TO INCREASED CAPACITY:
- All Brooker staff and visitors are temp checked upon arrival and must sign in to enable contract tracing if necessary.
- Brooker Memorial is following “office” guidelines for administrative staff. Staff must wear a facemask in the building unless working alone in their office.
- Child Care –
- Children in the Child Care Center are temperature checked upon arrival and continuously monitored throughout the day.
- Child Care is open for operation from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm to ensure children are able to remain in the same classroom throughout the day with consistent staff. This strategy is recommended by the CT Office of Early Childhood and protects both the children and the teachers.
- Generally, children over age 3 are required to wear masks covering mouth and nose while indoors.
- Child Care Staff must wear masks covering mouth and nose when working with or within six feet of children.
- Center for Children’s Therapy –
- Staff wear masks covering their mouth and nose while working with patients.
- Children in the Center for Children’s Therapy are temperature checked and complete a COVID questionnaire upon arrival.
- Treatment spaces are thoroughly cleaned to the CDC’s standards before and after each patient.
CCT PATIENT PROTOCOL:
- Patient Protocol – Patients enter the building through the main entrance where they will have their temperature taken by a designated staff member wearing PPE. Parents/guardians must wear a face mask while in the building. Families are asked to answer several screening questions prior to their child’s scheduled appointment. Additional protocols may be added for greeting patients/parents and required disclosures as necessary. For those attending online therapy visits, a letter has been sent to the family discussing Telehealth procedures.
- Visitor Protocol – Visitors must wear a facemask when entering the building. Visitors must sign in when entering the building and have their temperature checked prior to entering the building’s program areas. Public meetings are limited at this time. Where possible, meetings are conducted online via a teleconference method.
HOW OUR STAFF WORKS:
EMPLOYEE ARRIVAL/DAILY HEALTH CHECK:
Staff have their temperature checked upon arrival. Staff are to enter through the Main Entrance door and receive their temperature reading by a staff in PPE gear. Personal belongings are kept with the employee and not placed in a common area where they can be mingled with others’ personal effects.
MAINTENANCE and ADMINISTRATION: Staff must wear a facemask in the building unless working alone in their office.
Mail/UPS: Mail, package delivery and pickup is in the Vestibule of the Main Entrance.
The general areas of the building are sanitized according to a strict internal schedule. All staff are sanitizing their own work stations and shared office equipment (phones, copiers, postage machine, credit card terminal) before and after each use. Cleaning solutions are available in multiple locations to enable this. Dental and CCT staff sanitize their patient care areas before and after each patient, according to written protocols.
HAND SANITIZER, HANDWASHING:
All staff must follow the CDC recommendations for handwashing procedures. The CDC recommends washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in public places, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not accessible, staff is advised to use hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol. Hand sanitizer is placed in each break room, near copiers, at entrances, and at time clocks for use.
LOCATION OF DISINFECTANT PRODUCTS AND/OR DISPOSABLE DISINFECTANT WIPES:
Disinfectant products and/or disposable disinfectant wipes are available in each department for staff or visitors to use.
TRAINING OF EMPLOYEES:
All staff have completed required training on sanitizing procedures required by the Centers for Disease Control. Training consists of how to clean, how to use cleaning products, and department protocols for sanitizing.
Brooker Memorial will increase the percentage of outside air pulled in through HVAC systems.
DISCRETE WORK ZONES:
Brooker established staff break rooms in designated locations by department: Administration staff utilize the community office in the Administration hallway, Child Care continues to utilize their break room behind the kitchen, Dental utilizes the upstairs kitchen as their break room. All staff are welcome to take a break outside of the building. There is minimal access to departments other than an employee’s primary department throughout this time. All staff use the adult bathrooms in their departments or other designated bathrooms. Public restrooms are available for patients/clients/visitors.
IN THE EVENT OF A POSITIVE COVID-9 CASE:
In the event an employee tests positive for COVID-19, the employee must inform their supervisor. The employee is required to follow contact tracing protocols. Brooker Memorial will report any positive COVID-19 cases to the local health department. They will provide guidance based on the individual circumstance.
IN THE EVENT OF POTENTIAL EXPOSURE:
Potential exposure to COVID-19 is characterized as having close contact within six feet of an individual with a confirmed case. Staff who have had exposure must report this to their supervisor immediately. Employees who remain at work should follow guidelines contained in Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19. Guidance from the local health department will be obtained. Guidance is on an individual case basis.
Note: This is subject to change as requirements, guidelines and best practices are updated and revised.